Where to Get Married in Denmark
The capital city is adorned with castles, dreamy landscapes, and bike-friendly exploration. Discover museums, parks, and the famous Rosenborg Castle.
Marriage Requirements in Denmark
Before you say your I dos in Denmark, there are general marriage requirements that must be fulfilled that include, documentation (valid passports, birth certificate, and proof of marital status), certificate of no impediment or declaration of marriage eligibility may also be required, marriage application, and a marriage ceremony at an approved venue in Denmark or local municipality. Please speak with your Certified Destination Wedding Specialist for any up-to-date information regarding marriage requirements.
US and CA citizens must have a valid passport that is valid for at least three months beyond their departure date. Starting in 2024, U.S citizens will need to apply for authorization through the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) before traveling to Europe. Check with your Certified Destination Wedding Specialist for details.
The official language of Denmark is Danish, but English is widely spoken and understood throughout the country, especially in businesses, education and tourist areas.
Currency & Tipping
The currency of Denmark is the Danish Krone and the US dollar is not generally accepted as a form of payment. Tipping is not required or typically expected in Denmark.
Things To Do In Denmark
Attractions & Activities
- Tivoli Gardens
- The Little Mermaid Statue
- Legoland Billund
- Roskilde Cathedral
- Rosenborg Castle
- The Round Tower
Getting Married in Denmark: FAQs
Things to Consider when Planning a Wedding in Denmark
Getting married in Denmark may sound romantic, but it comes with a few challenges:
- Hotels in Denmark are EP (European Plan), which typically means the room rate only covers the cost of the room itself, so your meals and drinks will be an additional cost
- The flights to Denmark are longer and more expensive from most US and CA vacations.
- Wedding packages in Denmark are not all-inclusive, so you'll have to hire each vendor individually (i.e. florist, wedding planner, caterer, photographer, etc.)
- The overall cost of a destination wedding in Denmark will more than likely be much more expensive than a destination wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean.
Please note: we currently do not offer full-planning services in Denmark. Browse our collection of full-service destinations below.