Combine uncrowded beaches with the secluded nature of the island, friendly people, vibrant coral reefs and you have the perfect romantic getaway. You'll find legendary diving, fishing and snorkeling in the Turks and Caicos. Only a short flight from the east coast of the US, breathtaking hues from inviting waters beckon. For more information on the Turks & Caico's world class resorts, spas, and restaurants speak with your Destination Wedding Specialist.
Documents Needed For Travel
To find out the travel documents needed, check with the nearest embassy, and for U.S. residents, visit http://travel.state.gov/.
The official language of Turks and Caicos is English.
The official currency of Turks and Caicos is the U.S. Dollar.
The average temperature is 85-95 from June to October and 80-84 from November to May.
As stated in the overview, Turks and Caicos has been recognized by many sources, including Conde Nast Traveler, as having the best tropical beaches in the world.
In addition to the vast array of water sports to take advantage of, the Turks and Caicos are a nature lovers paradise. The salt ponds and inland marshes are an excellent sorce of food for a staggering 170 species of birds found on the islands. Explore the only conch farm in the world. From January-April, thrill in the sights of majestic humpback whales on their annual migration. Take a historical that winds past centuries old buildings, homes, inns, cannons, windmills and salt ponds.
Turks and Caicos Wedding Video
This is just a small example of a recent wedding that we did in Cabo San Lucas.
We plan thousands of Destination Weddings per year, and try to keep our site updated with new videos when we receive them.
Also - please check our Testimonials page for photos.
Original documentations to be produced in person are:
To obtain a marriage license, you must have the following:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Both parties must be in The Turks and Caicos Islands at the time of the application.
- Persons wishing to be married in the Turks and Caicos Islands may do so after one day (24 hours).
- Proof of marital status - If single a sworn affidavit is required. If one of the parties is a divorcee, then a Divorce
- Decree is required, either the original or a notarized copy, sealed by a Court Clerk.
- In the case of a Widow/Widower a Death Certificate of the previous spouse is required. In the case of change of name by Deed Poll or Adoption, then proof is required.
- If either party is unmarried, being a citizen or resident of a country other than the U.S.A., a declaration certifying this fact must be sworn before a Notary Public or other person authorized to administer oaths in that country and must accompany the application for the Marriage License.
- If under the age of 21, then consent of one or both parents or guardian, in the form of an affidavit stamped by the Notary Public.
- The marriage parties must not be within the prohibited degree of relationships to each other. Include a letter stating both parties occupations, marital status, age as of last birthday, present address of residence and fathers full name.
- For church weddings Ministers may require proof of membership.
- The parties must produce evidence of the date of their arrival in The Turks and Caicos Islands.
- No blood test is necessary.
- The fee for the license is $100.00.
*The ceremony can then take place after a period of 2-3 days or at any time after the application has been granted.
DestinationWeddings.com makes every effort to keep the travel information up to date on this website, however, resorts, wedding packages and laws do change and so we cannot guarantee that all information regarding rules, regulations, and marriage requirements at particular sites are completely accurate at the time of viewing. Before making marriage decisions on a particular destination, we highly recommend you speak with your specialist or wedding coordinator to verify rules at a particular destination before finalizing your travel plans.