Located on the northern coast of Jamaica, Ocho Rios, affectionately known as Ochie, is a famous and popular wedding destination which is often frequented by celebrities and cruise ships.
The most striking feature of this region is its waterfalls. One of the most spectacular falls in this area is Dunn’s River Falls which cascades 695 feet into the ocean. This highly photographed water attraction offers its visitors the opportunity to climb or swim beneath, and it is the perfect backdrop for an outdoor ceremony. Ocho Rios is a peaceful location for a destination wedding. The ambiance of the garden parish of St. Ann - located in St. Ann Bay - and Fern Gully - a spectacular rocky gorge some four-miles long - both offer the marrying couple two incredible ceremony venue options.
After the wedding, swimming, nature hikes, bird watching and sunbathing on secluded beaches are just a few of the relaxing activities that you might want to partake in while vacationing in Jamaica, or you may prefer to explore the rich, colorful heritage of Jamaican plantation life and the creative culture.
Whether you’re planning an elegant destination wedding or romantic honeymoon, the activities, scenery and culture Ocho Rios provides will not disappoint.
Documents Needed For Travel
To find out the travel documents needed, check with the nearest embassy, and for U.S. residents, visit http://travel.state.gov/.
The official language is English.
The official currency of Ocho Rios is the Jamaican Dollar.
Jamaica enjoys a tropical climate year-round and average temperatures range from 66-99 degrees.
Visit one of Ocho Rios' beautiful beaches. James Bond Beach and Dunn's River Falls and Park Beach are favorites among tourists.
Ocho Rios has a wide variety of activities to interest any visitor. In addition to the natural attractions. such as Dunn's River Falls, a 600-foot waterfall, which spills into a lush beach, there are also a number of low-key activities. From snorkeling and diving to sun bathing and shopping, you will find something to do no matter what your interests.
There's no shortage of nightlife in Ocho Rios. Whether you want to grab cocktails with your spouse at a local bar or dance the night away at a hip club, there's something for everyone. Take in a movie, get a late dinner at one of Ocho Rios' incredible restaurants or enjoy live performances at one of Ocho Rios' fantastic clubs.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica Wedding Video
This is just a small example of a recent wedding that we did in Cabo San Lucas.
We plan thousands of Destination Weddings per year, and try to keep our site updated with new videos when we receive them.
Also - please check our Testimonials page for photos.
Once you book your wedding with DestinationWeddings.com, you will be assigned a wedding coordinator at the resort of your choosing. This wedding coordinator will have the most up-to-date information regarding the marriage requirements at your destination and will aid you in the process of obtaining a marriage license. They will also assist you in the planning of your ceremony and reception, whether you choose a civil ceremony, religious ceremony or a symbolic ceremony.
Marriage License Requirements
- These documents must be either originals or notarized copies and must be in English.
- Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father's name.
- Parental permission in the form of parent's written consent, if under 18.
- Proof of divorce (if applicable) - certified copy or original Certificate of Divorce.
- Copy of Death Certificate for widow or widower.(if applicable)
- No blood test is required.
- Applications can be made at the Ministry of National Security and Justice on Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or on Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The fee for a Jamaican Marriage License is approximately $80 U.S.
- The marriage must be performed before 8:00 PM and two witnesses must be present at the ceremony and for the signing of the marriage certificate.
- There are non-denominational Marriage Officers who can officiate either at their offices, in their homes or at a place chosen by the couple, and are able to provide witnesses, for a fee.
Visitors can be married just 24 hours after arriving in Jamaica providing prior application has been made for a marriage license.
Let us help plan your perfect destination wedding.
DestinationWeddings.com makes every effort to keep the travel information up to date on this website, however, resorts, wedding packages and laws do change and so we cannot guarantee that all information regarding rules, regulations, and marriage requirements at particular sites are completely accurate at the time of viewing. Before making marriage decisions on a particular destination, we highly recommend you speak with your specialist or wedding coordinator to verify rules at a particular destination before finalizing your travel plans.